My first week
has been great! I love it here! I don't have a lot of time but my mom
sent me some questions so I'll just reply to those! LOL
1.
Who is your new companion? My
companion is Sister Weymouth. I don't know her first name... Sorry Mom.
She graduated from Westlake but she moved around a lot. She is awesome
though! She has only been out 4 months and is already training! so
clearly, she is an awesome missionary! She's cool! She is very obedient so that's good! She is
organized and a genius when it comes to the Book of Mormon. I am
learning a lot from her!
2. What was the first night like? It was awesome... Really busy though. A lot of training and all that fun stuff. Jet lag is real though. It hit at 6:00 and I thought I was going to die. I was so tired haha I'm such a baby but I need my sleep!! I'm okay now tho so don't worry. lol
3. Mission president and wife? They rock. They take really good care of us!
4. Where in the world are you? Hawaii. LOL on Oahu tho.
5. First area? I am in Aiea! West Honolulu. It is a beautiful area and the ward here is awesome!!
6. What ward are you assigned to? Aeia ward... The best ward
7. Your first experience door knocking? Were you shaking in your boots? kinda. My comp showed me how it was done so I was pretty chill.
8. What was your first door knock like? they slammed it on our face lol
10. Any embarrassing or funny moments? living... we had to eat crab the other night and I don't know how to eat it OBVIOUSLY cause it's nasty... but I was trying to crack it open and I cut myself on it and I felt like the biggest idiot.
11.
Do you have any investigators that you visit regularly? Yeah! we have a
few investigators who are amazing!!! I'm really hopeful that they will
get baptized. Sister Weymouth is feeling bad for me cause I'm so pumped
and I think everyone will come to church and get baptized but they never
do!! So lame.
16.
What's your favorite part about being a missionary? Everything!!! I've
never been happier. I love when we are in a lesson and you can tell that
the investigator is feeling the spirit. It's awesome. They just need to
act on it and that's the hard part.
17.
What's your address? 98-402 koauka Lp. #1104 Aiea, HI 96701 If you send
a package, send pictures! I always wish I had pictures to show my
companion. Also, work out videos would be really nice. We have a gym in
our apartment complex but its so nasty and small. We go but it would be
nice to do some work outs in the pad.
There is a lot to adjust to here but it's so good. I love being a missionary.
Oh,
something pretty chill, There are a million lizards and it's scary but
cool. There are so many animals here!!!!
The dogs are so scary and I get so nervous hahah everyone has at least
10000 animals. It's crazy. Also, I'm learning pidgin so that's fun! It's hard to understand
people here unless you know a little bit of it hahah
I love you all! I pray for you all everyday.
Love,
Sister Sperry
Still at the MTC
On our way to the airport
My girls in Hawaii
My first companion, Sister Weymouth
No comments:
Post a Comment